Suffolk County Workers’ Comp Lawyer
Skilled Workers Comp Attorneys Serving in Suffolk County, NY
In the event that you suffer an injury in the workplace, it is crucial that you know your legal rights. A Suffolk County workers comp lawyer, like the ones at Palermo Law, can help you to navigate the often complex aspects of the law, and make sure that you do not make any of the common mistakes that might prevent you from getting the full compensation that you deserve.
Palermo Law has over two decades of experience in personal injury and employment-related injury cases. Over that time, we have secured several million-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients and achieved over two hundred five-star ratings. It is safe to say: we know how to win job-related injury cases.
Our team will assist you in all aspects of your case – from the initial consultation call, through to the eventual resolution, we will complete all the necessary forms, conduct all of the investigations necessary to determine the facts, negotiate a settlement and, when required, aggressively litigate your case in court.
We start every engagement with a free, no-obligation consultation at one of our six locations (Hauppauge, Huntington, Babylon, Patchogue, Riverhead, and Carle Place), or at your home if you would prefer. All of our cases are taken on a contingency basis: if we do not win, you do not pay.
When Should I Call a Suffolk County Work Injury Lawyer?
You should get in touch with an employment injury lawyer if you have been injured while at your place of employment and you believe that the fault lies with someone other than your employer. Examples of this include:
- You are a delivery person and you fell on a property due to poor maintenance or a defect in the floor surface
- You are a machine employee and a defective product caused you harm
- You were driving for your job and were in an accident caused by someone else
- You fell at your job due to a dangerous condition, and your employer is not the owner of the property
In each of these examples, and in many other situations, you may be able to claim damages in addition to worker’s compensation. Each situation is different, however, so your best first step is to consult with a lawyer.
SUFFOLK COUNTY WORK-RELATED INJURIES
When your injured while on the job you are entitled to compensation insurance through your employer. This type of insurance will cover your medical expenses and compensate you for some lost income. All employers are required to provide this insurance. As a result, the law does not allow you to sue your employer for your injuries unless they fail to provide this type of insurance.
However, what if your employment injury was caused by someone other than your employer? In situations like that you can pursue a claim for your damages from the at fault party. For example, if you drive for a living and are rear ended by another vehicle, you can file a workers compensation claim for your medical bills and lost wages and also file a claim against the at fault party for your injuries. That’s where our Suffolk County work injury lawyers can help. We handle all types of job related accident claims.
Five Suggestions for Suffolk County Work Injury Victims Following an Accident
- Always seek medical attention for all of your injuries. Make sure you’re ok paying attention to all of your pain. Document everything with your doctor, even minor pains and discomfort. Sometimes those little injuries turn out to be the most serious. It’s always best to have them noted form the start.
- Report your accident to your employer and get an accident report. It’s important to have documentation of your accident for both the workers compensation claim and any personal injury claim you make in the future.
- File a claim with your compensation insurance carrier if you need medical treatment or have lost time from your job. You are always entitled to file a workers compensation claim. In fact, your employer’s compensation insurance is your primary source of medical coverage in an employment injury.
- Don’t speak to the responsible party’s insurance company. There is no need to cooperate with them and it will likely not help any case you may have.
- Contact an experienced lawyer to discuss your options. It is possible that you may be entitled to compensation beyond what compensation insurance pays you. Only a qualified attorney can fully advise you of your legal rights.
Aggressive Trial Lawyers
We don’t just sign up your accident case and wait for the phone to ring with a settlement offer from an insurance company. We immediately conduct a full investigation into your accident. We will gather all of the needed information to build your case. We will present your claim to the responsible party’s insurance company an actively negotiate with them on your behalf. If a settlement cannot be reached, we will aggressively litigate your case in court seeking to recover the compensation you are entitled to. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Some of our successes include the following:
- 5 million dollars for an injured construction employee.
- $950,000 dollars for an injured tree removal employee
- $250,000 for an injured employee that fell on snow and ice in the parking lot at her jobsite.
Feel free to give us a call for a free consultation to see how we can help you.
Workers Compensation Insurance and Third Party Claims
Compensation through your employer’s insurance may not be your only source of payments following an accident on the job. While it is true that you cannot sue your employer and can only collect lost income and medical payments from your employer’s workers compensation, another party may be responsible for compensating you for your pain and suffering and out of pocket expenses. If your employment related injury was caused by someone other than your employer, you can make a claim against that other party for your pain and suffering and out of pocket expenses. This is known as a third party claim. Some common examples of third party claims are as follows:
- You drive for a living and are injured as a result of another driver’s negligence.
- You work on location and are injured due to a dangerous condition created by someone other than your employer.
- You fall at your office, but your employer does not own the premises.
- You are injured by a dangerous machine at your job that was purchased by your employer but manufactured by a different company.
- You are injured on a construction site due to the negligence of another contractor’s employee.
About Our Suffolk County Workers Comp Law Firm
Palermo Law is a law firm dedicated to representing individuals that have been injured as a result of another party’s negligence. We make it our mission to protect our client’s legal rights and obtain money for the injuries that they have suffered. We have never represented an insurance company and never will. For the last two decades our sole loyalty is to our clients.
To arrange a free case evaluation with Palermo Law for your Suffolk County work related injury, email or call us anytime. We handle all cases on a no-win/no-fee basis, so you have nothing to lose.
How a Suffolk County Workers Comp Lawyer Can Help
- Once hired our law firm will conduct a full investigation into the circumstances of your accident identifying all possible means of recovery. We will gather accident reports, witness statements and medical records.
- We will file all insurance claim forms and handle all communications with insurance carriers for the responsible parties.
- We will conduct all negotiations on your behalf
- We will litigate the claim in court for you.
Contact a Suffolk County Work-Related Injury Lawyer Today
If you’ve been injured in an employment-related accident it is always a good idea to speak to a Suffolk County Workers Comp Lawyer to see if you are entitled to compensation above what your employer’s compensation insurance covers. There are often situations where another party may be responsible for your injuries. That’s why we always offer a complimentary initial consultation to examine the circumstances of your claim. We can meet at any of our six office locations or even come to you. There is never a fee for the consultation. Reach out today.