What Truly Makes A Great Personal Injury Law Firm?
As with almost everything in the world, where abundance can be overwhelming, we are always attempting to make quality choices. When catastrophe strikes your life, and you’re in need of a great personal injury law firm, you should probably know the recipe that truly makes one.
You may hear of them on the radio, see them on television, or never even hear of them until you need them – but they’re out there: truly good-hearted and experienced personal injury lawyers. No two personal injury lawyers are one in the same. The way they practice law may differ as well as the way they treat their clients. Having over 98 years protecting clients from deceptive insurance companies and putting our everything into making their recovery both fully compensated and stress-free, we’re pretty aware of what the average personal injury client needs. Personal injury lawyers should make every attempt to meet the needs of their clients – and just as every lawyer is different, every client is different. And meeting those needs requires a dynamic personality.
If you can remember your high school years, perhaps you yourself have run into this dynamic personality before. It’s the well-known athlete that puts the all-too-feared bully in his place. In this case, it’s a personal injury lawyer who has both an aggressive side, like an athlete, and a caring side. That caring side is reserved only for you. And that aggressive side is reserved in representing you.
Many lawyers choose to have their own solo practice merely so they can have a one-on-one, direct approach with their clients. Why? There are some pretty good reasons that lawyers choose to do this. And there have to be, since a solo practice in the competitive field of personal injury law is a difficult career path to say the least. But by having a solo practice, some personal injury lawyers are able to connect with their clients, sympathize with them, and understand everything about their case needed to fully equip them in fighting for their client. But even large law firms, with multiple partners, can hold this one-on-one, direct approach to their practice. So, what truly makes a great personal injury law firm?
- A great track record is one ingredient. It’s the flag a personal injury law firm mounts in the ground for all to see. If a personal injury law firm doesn’t have a good track record, it’s likely they’re not very successful. Always look into a personal injury law firm’s track record before considering their counsel. They’ll usually have it posted somewhere on their website.
- Community engagement speaks volumes about a personal injury law firm, including their financial success and their values. It also means they aren’t only wrapped up with their own practice and success, but also with the success of the community they live or work in. Community engagement denotes a high level of compassion, a trait not always seen in every personal injury law firm.
- Positive client reviews and ratings usually found online are also a particularly important ingredient. They speak volumes about a law firm or lawyer. We think you should read each and every review and rating of a lawyer or law firm before seeking out their counsel. It’s important to get a feel for the individual you’re choosing to protect you.
- An aggressive, “won’t-back-down” attitude, like discussed above, is crucial to being a great personal injury lawyer. And a great personal injury law firm will seek this out in every partner they choose to join their firm. When it comes to fighting insurance companies, this trait is key. Insurance companies are bullies, and will scheme you every chance they get in order to pay you less than you deserve. You need a law firm that holds an aggressive approach in their practice. Their lawyers must be willing to dig into your case with every ounce of strength they have to get you every penny you deserve. It’s likely you can find out how aggressive a law firm really is when it comes to obtaining the best financial outcome for their clients by reading their clients’ reviews.
- A caring, sympathetic attitude toward their client is also, as discussed before, truly important. You’ve been victimized, and an insurance company wishes to victimize you further by withholding full and fair compensation from you. Personal injury lawyers who aren’t caring simply don’t make good personal injury lawyers. A caring, sympathetic attitude strengthens that aggressive, “won’t-back-down” attitude. If they truly care for you, they’ll fight even harder to help recover your damages.
- A caring, powerful support staff helps make a personal injury law firm great. You need a support staff that aims to take your stress out of the equation. Recovering from a personal injury can be extremely stressful, and great law firm should seek out caring and aggressive individuals when hiring support staff/paralegals. Will they fill out the legal forms and paperwork for you? Will they deal with insurance companies for you outside of the courtroom? Will they check in with you regularly to see what they can do for you when it comes to your injury? A caring, powerful support staff is a key ingredient in a great personal injury law firm. It means that they want their clients experiencing little-to-no stress so that they can focus on recovery.
- A one-on-one approach to clients is all too important. Many large personal injury law firms don’t use this approach. They pass cases around. And where does that leave you? You deserve to feel comfortable with the individual representing you. If your representation is a constantly changing face, how are you to feel comfortable? Not only that, think about what’s lost in translation as cases get passed around as opposed to when one partner of a law firm takes your case and sticks with it. You may be able to find this out through reviews as well. If you read client reviews, and a majority of them refer to the law firm doing well by them as opposed to individual partners and how they helped them out, it’s highly possible that this law firm does bounce cases around. Think twice before hiring them. When cases are passed around, you’ll never know if the lawyer is lower-level or has the traits mentioned above. Atop that, many find it stressful to deal with numerous lawyers.
We hope you never need to seek out a personal injury law firm. But, should you ever need one, these are the traits you should positively seek out when searching for representation.