click here to requestyour free consultation
Safety Tips for Home Swimming Pools
According to the American Red Cross, more than 200 children drown in backyard swimming pools every year. The Red Cross recommends the following safety guidelines for people with home swimming pools :
- Secured barriers. A four feet high fence around the pool with self-closing and latching gate will keep the pool secure. When not in use, put a safety cover on the pool and if possible, install removable steps or ladders for accessing the pool that you can remove when not in use. A pool alarm is another security option.
- Active supervision. Stay within arm’s reach of young kids in the pool and never allow anyone to swim alone.
- Swimming lessons. All children should take swimming lessons and everyone in the home must know how to swim.
- Pool maintenance. Maintain proper filtration, chemical levels and circulation.
- Established rules. Create rules such as no running, no diving, stay away from drain covers and swim with a buddy.
- Emergency training. Everyone in the home should know aquatic emergency and rescue procedures and take water safety, first aid and CPR courses.
Enjoy Your Camping Trip
If you follow safety guidelines to protect against harm, camping can be lots of fun and everyone can have a wonderful time.