Babylon Workers Comp Lawyer
Skilled Workers Comp Lawyers Serving Babylon, NY
If you become injured through a work-related incident, then it is important that you know your rights. Personal injury law is particularly complex, and there are many common issues that individuals can come across without the right support and representation. Speaking to an experienced Babylon Workers Comp Lawyer, like the ones at Palermo Law, can mean the difference between receiving the full compensation amount that you deserve, and being left struggling.
We have more than twenty years of experience in personal injury cases, including work injuries. During that time, we have secured multiple million-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients, and garnered more than two hundred five-star online reviews – so you know that you can rely on us to provide you with the advice and advocacy that you need.
At Palermo Law, we will help you every step of the way: from the initial free consultation call to the conclusion of your case, you will have our unrelenting support. That includes completing all the paperwork relevant to your case, conducting a thorough investigation of the facts, negotiating with other parties, and where necessary litigating the case before the courts.
When should I speak to a Babylon Work-Related Injury Lawyer?
If you have suffered a serious injury at the workplace in Babylon, and there is someone other than your employer at fault, then you need to get in touch with a work injury lawyer. Payout in addition to workers’ compensation is often available in cases such as:
- Delivery personnel who slip and fall on other people’s property
- Drivers who are involved in a collision or other accident that is the fault of another road user
- Individuals who trip and fall at work, where the worksite is leased
- Machine workers who are injured due to defective or poor quality products
This is just a sample of the type of cases where it is possible to gain compensation from the party at fault. However, every individual situation is different, so it is always in your interest to speak with an experienced work injury lawyer to assess the merits of your case.
Babylon Work-Related Injuries
The first source of compensation that you are entitled to when injured on the job is workers’ compensation insurance. This type of insurance is meant to protect employees that are hurt or become ill as a direct result of their work. All employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect employees from the financial hardships of suffering a work injury. Workers’ compensation insurance will reimburse injured workers for medical bills and a portion of their lost wages. Workers’ compensation will not compensate you for pain and suffering.
There are instances when you may be able to pursue a claim for additional losses such as pain and suffering. This occurs when the injury was caused by someone other than your employer or co-workers. If you believe your injury was caused by a party other than your employer or co-workers, it’s a good idea to speak to a Babylon work injury lawyer to discuss your options. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your pain and suffering as well as any portions of your salary that were not reimbursed through workers’ compensation insurance.
Five essential tips for Babylon work injury victims following an accident
- Seek medical attention for any injuries, even minor injuries. Often injuries that result from a work accident intensify in the hours and days following an accident. It’s best to be cautious.
- Obtain an Accident Report. It is always a good idea to document your accident.
- Contact your company’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier to report the accident. Any medical bills will need to be paid by that insurance.
- Do not give any statements without first consulting with an attorney who focuses in work-related injuries.
- Contact a work injury lawyer for a free consultation if you have any issues.
Choose A Babylon Workers Comp Lawyer Today
You can contact us by dropping into one of our offices, located in Babylon, Patchogue, Riverhead, Hauppauge, Huntington, and Garden City, or if it is easier for you, we can meet with you at your home or hospital.