- Motorists failing to yield the right of way at a traffic control device or stop sign.
- Motorists trying to over take the bicyclist.
- Motorists opening a door into the path of a bicyclist.
- Motorists failing to see the bicyclist on the road.
The Most Common Losses Following A Bicycle Accident:
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Out of pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
FIVE ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR BICYCLISTS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT WITH A CAR
- Seek medical attention for any injuries, even minor injuries. Often injuries that result from a car accident intensify in the hours and days following an accident. It’s best to be cautious.
- Obtain a Police Accident Report. It is always a good idea to call the police to the scene of an accident. However, it is also possible to file a police report following the accident.
- Contact the offending car’s automobile insurance carrier to file a no-fault application. Also, contact your automobile insurance carrier to report the accident just in case the other person’s insurance is not valid. All medical bills will be paid by the other vehicle’s no-fault insurance.
- Do not give any statements to the other vehicle’s insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer for a free consultation.
WHEN TO CONSULT WITH A BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you have suffered injuries in a Carle Place bicycle accident it is a good idea to consult with a bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Hiring an attorney early on in the process will help protect your legal rights, ensure your medical bills and lost wages are paid and give you an advantage building a strong personal injury case. An early investigation will also help preserve key evidence in your case.
Important deadlines to know for your bicycle accident case:
Medical bills and lost wages are paid through the no-fault insurance carrier of the vehicle you were in an accident with. All no-fault insurance carriers require a no-fault application be filed within thirty days. Failing to do so may result in denial of your no-fault benefits and may make you personally responsible for the bills.
How much is my Carle Place bicycle accident case worth?
The value of an injury suffered in a bicycle accident is an accumulation of several different factors. These include any accident related economic expenses such as damage to your car, as well as non-economic losses such as pain and suffering. At Palermo Law, our experience in handling thousands of accident cases allows us to accurately assess the value of your case to determine the fairest settlement or jury award. In cases of long-term injuries, we partner with experts in the fields of medicine and economics to make sure that your compensation is adjusted for future inflation. This allows you the piece of mind knowing that you will be compensated for years to come.
Contact a Carle Place Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Sometimes accidents happen. Being unable to avoid something like this does not mean you are powerless in the aftermath. The attorneys at Palermo Law are available to assist with any bicycle accident case. Contact us today for a free consultation.