Carle Place Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Carle Place, NY
Roads in Carle Place are a dangerous place for motorcyclists. Many of our roads are poorly designed and extremely congested. Motor vehicle accidents are all too common on our streets and highways. And when an accident involves a motorcyclist, the results can be catastrophic. Even the safest of motorcyclists are not immune from the possibility of a motor vehicle collision. A recent study suggested that the automobile operator causes over two-thirds of motor vehicle accidents involving a motorcycle. In a motorcycle accident, contacting a Carle Place Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help ease the expected stress.
- Seek medical attention for any injuries, even minor injuries. Often injuries that result from a motorcycle accident intensify in the hours and days following an accident. It’s best to be cautious.
- Obtain a Police Accident Report. It is always a good idea to call the police to the scene of the accident. However, it is also possible to file a police report following the accident.
- Contact your motorcycle insurance carrier to report the accident.
- Do not give any statements to the other vehicle’s insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
COMMON CAUSES OF CARLE PLACE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS:
- The automobile operator fails to yield the right of way to the motorcyclist.
- The automobile operator makes a left hand turn in front of a motorcyclist.
- The automobile operator sideswipes a motorcyclist.
An astounding 98% of motorcycle accidents result in injury. And unlike cars, which have built in safety mechanisms (air bags, seat belts), motorcycle accident injuries are often severe due to the lack of such safety mechanisms.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries:
- Road rash
- Torn ligaments
- Sprains and strains
- Head injuries
How To Get Medical Bills Paid After A Motorcycle Accident:
The unfortunate reality is that motorcycle accident victims are not eligible for New York No-Fault benefits. Therefore, if you are involved in a motorcycle accident you will need to put all medical bills through your private health insurance. If you do not have private health insurance you will need to put any medical bills through Medicaid or Medicare. If you did not have Medicaid at the time of your accident you can apply for Medicaid after the accident.
How Much Is My Carle Place Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of an injury suffered in a motorcycle accident is an accumulation of several different factors. These include any accident related economic expenses such as lost wages and damage to your motorcycle as well as non-economic losses such as pain and suffering and mental anguish. At Palermo Law, our experience in handling thousands of accident cases allows us to accurately assess the value of your case to determine the fairest settlement or jury award. In cases of long-term injuries, we partner with experts in the fields of medicine and economics to make sure that your compensation is adjusted for future inflation. This allows you the peace of mind knowing that you will be compensated for years to come.
WHY HIRE PALERMO LAW?
- We always offer a free no obligation consultation.
- We never charge a fee unless we win your case.
- We provide personal one on one attention to every client.
- We handle all insurance communications and paperwork for you free of charge.
- We have over two decades of experience litigating car accident cases on Long Island.
- We have obtained numerous million dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Other Factors That Contribute To Motorcycle Accidents Including The Following:
- Negligence: Negligence from an automobile driver is hard for a motorcyclist to account for. However, understanding that motorists often drive negligently and being vigilant at all times may be the single most important factor in avoiding accidents. Motorists disobeying traffic laws or driving under the influence can be very dangerous for motorcyclists. If an accident occurs in either situation, the motorist is at fault, as long as the motorcyclist was safely operating their motorcycle.
- Blind Spots: Every driver should be checking their blind spots before they switch lanes. However, motorcycles are even harder to see since they are small vehicles. What can help is the fact that motorcycles are also louder than most cars. So if you are operating a motorcycle be aware that a motor vehicle operator may not see you. Try and steer clear of any possible blind spots.
- Lane Splitting: This is a maneuver that motorcyclists use to pass traffic by going along the space between lanes to pass cars. This practice is not only dangerous, but is illegal in the state of New York. Motorcyclists should avoid this practice to prevent a serious accident.
- Speeding: A motorcycle is on only two wheels which makes it harder to control or slow down when a defensive maneuver needs to be made. Sharp turns, potholes and quick stops can result in a motorcycle accident if the driver is going too fast.
- Dangerous roads: Liability could be claimed against a municipality if unsafe conditions caused the motorcycle accident. But, be aware that such cases have extremely short statute of limitations.
About Our Law Firm
We are a true Motorcycle accident law firm. With two decades of experience, Carle Place Motorcycle Accident Attorney Steven Palermo heads the legal team at Palermo Law. He personally handles each client’s motorcycle accident case from its inception through conclusion. He has litigated hundreds of accident cases and won several million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients. He has a passion for helping injured people find justice in their fight against large multi-million-dollar insurance companies that try and minimize his client’s injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in Carle Place as a result of another persons negligent driving and would like schedule a free case evaluation from an experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney, call or email us today.
We can also arrange an in home or hospital consultation with you. Further, we handle all Carle Place motorcycle cases on a contingency basis meaning we never charge a fee unless we win your case.
Consult with a Carle Place Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident it is a good idea to consult with a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Hiring an attorney early on in the process will help protect your legal rights, ensure your medical bills and lost wages are paid and give you an advantage building a strong personal injury case. An early investigation will also help preserve key evidence in your case. Contact us today for a free consultation of your case.