Carle Place Truck Accident Lawyer
Skilled Truck Accident Attorneys in Carle Place, NY
Many roads in Carle Place are shared with large commercial vehicles such as Box Trucks, Eighteen Wheelers and Dump Trucks. The weight of these types of vehicles is usually 20 to 30 times more then the average car. Therefore, an accident involving a large truck can have devastating results for the operator and passengers of smaller vehicles. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident on Long Island, you need an experienced Carle Place Truck Accident Lawyer.
The most common losses following a Truck accident:
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Out of pocket expenses
- Pain and Suffering
Important Deadlines To Know For Your Carle Place Truck Accident Case:
Medical bills and lost wages are paid through no-fault insurance. All no-fault insurance carriers require a no-fault application be filed within thirty days. Failing to do so may result in denial of your no-fault benefits and may make you personally responsible for the bills.
In car accident cases there is generally a three-year statute of limitations to initiate a lawsuit. However, that time period may be reduced to as little as 90 days if your truck accident involves a municipal, state or federal entity. So, it’s best to check with a qualified car accident attorney as soon as possible.
How Much Is My Carle Place County Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of an injury suffered in a truck accident is an accumulation of several different factors. These include any accident related economic expenses such as damage to your car as well as non-economic losses such as pain and suffering. At Palermo Law, our experience in handling thousands of accident cases allows us to accurately assess the value of your case to determine the fairest settlement or jury award. In cases of long-term injuries, we partner with experts in the fields of medicine and economics to make sure that your compensation is adjusted for future inflation. This allows you the piece of mind knowing that you will be compensated for years to come.
COMMON CAUSES OF CARLE PLACE TRUCK ACCIDENTS:
Distracted Driving: Any activity that distracts a person’s attention away from the primary task of driving. These types of distractions include the use of a hand held navigation device, cell phone use and texting.
Speeding: Driving above the legal limit is a leading cause of truck accidents. Further, high impact accidents often result in significant injuries.
Following too Closely: Tailgating, especially at high speeds reduces reaction times and often leads to rear-end accidents.
Aggressive Driving: Operating a truck in a hostile or aggressive manner may include following to closely, failing to signal and repetitive lane changes.
Other Factors To Consider Exclusive To Truck Accidents:
- Was the truck was not properly loaded?
- Was the truck driver overly tired from driving long hours?
- Was the truck driver properly licensed to operate a big rig?
- Was the truck driver taking medications or drugs to help stay awake?
FIVE ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR CARLE PLACE TRUCK ACCIDENT VICTIMS FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
- Seek medical attention for any injuries, even minor injuries. Often injuries that result from a motor vehicle accident intensify in the hours and days following an accident. It’s good to be cautious.
- Obtain a Police Accident Report. It is always a good idea to call the police to the scene of the accident. However, it is also possible to file a police report following the accident.
- Contact your automobile insurance carrier to report the accident. Any medical bills will need to be paid by your no-fault insurance.
- Do not give any statements to the other vehicle’s insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer for a free consultation.
Contact a Carle Place Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you have suffered injuries in a truck accident it is a good idea to consult with a truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Hiring an attorney early on in the process will help protect your legal rights, ensure your medical bills and lost wages are paid, and give you an advantage in building a strong personal injury case. An early investigation will also help preserve key evidence in your case. Contact our Carle Place Truck Accident Lawyers for a free consultation.