Carle Place Slip Trip And Fall Lawyer
Skilled Slip, Trip, and Fall Attorneys in Carle Place, NY
Property owners are responsible for the safety of people that lawfully enter their property. That means that a property owner must maintain his or her property in a reasonably safe condition. If a property owner should fail to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition and a guest suffers an injury as a result, the property owner will be responsible for the injuries suffered. A Carle Place Slip Trip And Fall Lawyer can help fight for any injuries accrued through another’s negligence.
Common Causes and Injuries Of Carle Place Slip Trip And Fall Accidents:
- Untreated snow and ice.
- Slick or slippery floors.
- Unsafe staircases.
- Tripping hazards such as uneven sidewalks.
- Unsafe parking lots containing potholes or inadequate lighting.
- Back and neck injuries.
- Torn ligaments and tendons.
- Sprains and strains.
How Much Is My Slip, Trip And Fall Accident Case Worth?
The value of an injury suffered in a slip and fall accident or a trip and fall accident is an accumulation of several different factors. These include any accident related economic expenses such as lost wages, as well as non-economic losses such as pain and suffering. At Palermo Law, our experience in handling thousands of accident cases allows us to accurately assess the value of your case to determine the fairest settlement or jury award. In cases of long-term injuries, we partner with experts in the fields of medicine and economics to make sure that your compensation is adjusted for future inflation. This allows you the piece of mind knowing that you will be compensated for years to come.
PROVING A CARLE SLIP TRIP AND FALL ACCIDENT CASE
It is important to understand that you are not automatically entitled to receive compensation in a slip, trip and fall case. There are certain legal requirements that need to be established in order to prove a property owner is responsible for your accident. The requirements are as follows:
- Unsafe condition. There must be some defect that caused your slip, trip and fall. Examples include a spilled beverage, an uneven step or an icy path.
- Knowledge of the unsafe condition. The responsible party must have knowledge of the condition prior to your slip, trip and fall accident. If actual knowledge can not be established, it is often enough to prove the responsible party should have know about the dangerous condition.
- Opportunity to fix. The responsible party must have had sufficient time to fix the dangerous condition but failed to do so prior to your accident. For example, if you fall on a snow covered walkway, an owner can escape responsibility if they can prove that there was not sufficient time to clean it prior to your fall.
WHAT TO DO FOLLOWING A SLIP AND FALL OR TRIP AND FALL ACCIDENT
- Seek medical attention for any injuries immediately.
- Have pictures taken of the dangerous condition as soon as possible.
- Get the names of any witnesses to your accident.
- Report the accident to the property owner as soon as possible.
- Obtain an accident report if possible.
- Contact a qualified personal injury attorney prior to speaking to the other parties insurance company.
Consult with a Carle Place Slip, Trip, And Fall Lawyer Today
Not all accidents require the assistance of an accident attorney. But if you have suffered an injury as the result of a fall, it’s a good idea to speak to an attorney before discussing your case with the representative from the property owner. Often, a personal injury attorney can protect your legal rights, recoup compensation for lost wages and medical bills and obtain a settlement for your pain and suffering. Contact a Carle Place Slip Trip And Fall Lawyer today for help with your case.