Carle Place Workers Comp Lawyer
Skilled Workers Comp Attorneys in Carle Place, NY
It is important you understand your legal rights in case you suffer a work-related injury in Carle Place. A Carle Place workers comp lawyer can help explain this complex area of law and guide you safely through all the pitfalls that may arise to ensure that you receive all the compensation you are entitled to.
With over two decades of experience, several million-dollar verdicts and settlements and over two hundred five star ratings, Palermo Law knows how to win Carle Place work related accident cases.
At Palermo Law, we assist in all areas of work injury litigation. From the initial call to your resolution, we will complete all necessary paper work, conduct a thorough investigation of the facts, and fully litigate the matter in court.
The work injury lawyers at Palermo Law are available for a free initial consultation in any of our six locations including Riverhead, one block from the Court House. We can even meet at your home if you are unable to make it into one of our six offices. Best of all, there is never a fee unless we win your case.
Carle Place Work Injury Victims Lawyer
The first source of compensation that you are entitled to when injured on the job is workers’ compensation insurance. This type of insurance is meant to protect employees that are hurt or become ill as a direct result of their work. All employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect employees from the financial hardships of suffering a work injury. Workers’ compensation insurance will reimburse an injured worker for medical bills and a portion of their lost wages. Workers’ compensation will not compensate you for pain and suffering.
There are instances when you may be able to pursue a claim for additional losses such as pain and suffering. This occurs when the injury was caused by someone other than your employer or co-workers. If you believe your injury was caused by a party other than your employer or co-workers, it’s a good idea to speak to a Suffolk County work injury lawyer to discuss your options. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your pain and suffering as well as any portions of your salary that were not reimbursed through workers’ compensation insurance.
FIVE ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR WORK INJURY VICTIMS FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
- Seek medical attention for any injuries, even minor injuries. Often injuries that result from a construction accident intensify in the hours and days following an accident. It’s best to be cautious.
- Obtain an Accident Report. It is always a good idea to document your accident.
- Contact your company’s workers compensation insurance carrier to report the accident. Any medical bills will need to be paid by that insurance.
- Do not give any statements without first consulting with an attorney who specializes in work related injuries.
- Contact a work injury lawyer for a free consultation if you have any issues.
Contact a Carle Place Workers Comp Lawyer
If you suffered an injury and believe that a party other then your employer was responsible, it’s a good idea to speak to a Long Island work injury lawyer. Examples of cases where you may be able to receive additional compensation beyond what workers’ compensation pays are as follows:
- You drive for a living and were injured in an accident caused by another driver.
- You deliver goods and fall on a defective condition on someone’s property.
- You are a machine worker and are injured by a defective product.
- You fall at your place of employment due to a dangerous condition and your employer is not the owner of the premises.
In any of these situations, it may be possible to receive additional compensation from the at-fault party.
Contact us today for your free consultation, we are here to help!