no fees unless we win

Suffolk (631) 621-6183

Nassau (516) 240-9904

proudly serving all of long island
Millions recovered in verdicts & settlements for our clients since 1994
click here to requestyour free consultation
click here to requestyour free consultation

How can I get lost wages if I am in a car collision?

If you are injured in a car crash in New York State you are eligible to receive lost wage compensation through your no-fault insurance carrier. Every motor vehicle insurance policy issued in New York requires at least two thousand dollars a month of lost wage protection. You are eligible to receive 80% of your total salary up to the two thousand dollar per month limit. If you have purchased addition lost wage coverage you may be eligible for a higher amount.

In order to receive lost wages from your no-fault carrier, they must receive a completed no-fault application, verification of your employment, and a disability note from a healthcare provider. The no-fault application must be filed within thirty days of the date of the collision and the wage verification from must be completed by your employer. It should be completed as soon as possible. Once you start receiving lost wages from your no-fault carrier, you will need to submit updated disability notes from your doctor from time to time.

We understand that all of these insurance details can be confusing and frustrating. There is a lot of red tape, and that’s a big way we can help. At Palermo Law, our Long Island personal injury law firm is dedicated to all aspects of your claim. That means that we not only file a bodily injury claim on your behalf, but we also handle all no-fault paperwork and all property damage claims. It’s our goal to take as much stress off your shoulders allowing you to concentrate on your recovery.