Commack Personal Injury Lawyers
Skilled Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Commack, NY
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence in the Commack area and want to know what your rights are, we are here to help. Our Commack personal injury lawyers have been guiding people through difficult times for over two decades. We can help get your medical bills and lost income paid. We may even be able to get you compensated for what you’re going through. We have successfully represented thousands of clients in obtaining millions of dollars for injuries suffered as a result of another person’s negligence. We have six offices located throughout Long Island and can even come to you if you are not able to make it into one of our locations.
How do I know if I Have A Case?
There are two questions that need to be asked to help determine if you have a case. First, is someone other than yourself at fault for your accident? Second, did you suffer an injury as a result of that accident? If the answer is yes to both questions, there is a good chance that you have a claim that you will be entitled to compensation for. Of course, there are several other issues that must be discussed in more detail. But, it’s a good idea to contact a Commack personal injury lawyer to investigate your potential claim further.
Types Of Claims We Handle
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Slip and falls
- Motorcycle crashes
- Premises liability
- Construction accidents
- Work incidents
- Dog bite/animal attacks
- Many others
How We Can Help You Following an Incident
Our Law firm has been representing injury clients for over two decades and can help you with all aspects of your potential claim including:
- Investigation: Upon being retained, we will conduct a full investigation into the facts and circumstances of your incident gathering all relevant information including photos, witness statements, insurance information, and medical records
- Communication: We will handle all communications with the responsible party’s insurance carrier(s) including all phone calls and written communications. We will also complete all necessary insurance forms.
- Negotiations: Once your claim has been established and the facts of the situation communicated with the responsible party’s insurance carrier, we will handle all negotiations with them. We will guide you through the process giving you our opinion as to how to proceed with our goal always being to obtain you full and fair compensation for what you are going through.
- Settlement: Once a fair settlement offer has been received and agreed upon by you, we will work to finalize your settlement. We will review all settlement documents with you explaining their meaning. Finally, we will obtain all settlement funds and disburse them to you.
- Litigation: If a settlement cannot be reached, we will be prepared to litigate your claim in court seeking to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
True Litigation Attorneys
We don’t just sign up your case and wait for the phone to ring with a settlement offer. It’s our practice to aggressively investigate, negotiate and if necessary, litigate every case that we are retained to handle. We take the approach that every claim we are involved in may go to trial and prepare each case accordingly. This way the insurance company knows that if they don’t make a fair offer, we are ready to go to court for you.
How Long Does A Personal Injury Case Take to Be Resolved?
It is almost impossible to predict how long a case will take because no two claims are the same. Each claim has different circumstances. However, as a general rule a case will last at least as long as it takes for your injuries to heal. If your losses are permanent, then your case will take at least as long as it takes to make that determination. This is because your compensation is based in part upon your recovery. Therefore, it is usually in your best interests to see how your recovery goes prior to settling your case.
If the insurance carrier is accepting responsibility and interested in paying a fair amount of compensation, your case can usually be settled within a few months of your final date of medical treatment. However, if the insurance company is refusing to offer a fair settlement, a case can drag on for years as it makes its way through the legal system eventually culminating in a trial.
It is always our goal to resolve your claim with a fair settlement and without a trial. But sometimes that is not possible as not all insurance companies act fairly.
Types of Injuries our Commack Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
- Back and neck pain
- Brain injuries
- Torn ligaments, cartilage and tendons
- Shoulder and knee damage
- Emotional trauma
- And many other types of injuries
We offer every potential Commack personal injury client a free initial consultation. We have two offices that are in close proximity to Commack residents. On office is in Hauppauge and the other is in Huntington. WE also have offices in Babylon, Garden City, Patchogue and Riverhead. We can even come to you if you can’t make it to one of our offices. We also offer evening and weekend appointments for clients that can’t make it in during daytime business hours.
If you were hurt in an accident there are some important deadlines to keep in mind. First, if your incident involved a motor vehicle, you must file a no fault application within thirty days for medical and lost wage benefits. If you fail to do this, the no fault carrier can deny paying those bills leaving you holding the bag.
Also, there is generally a three year statute of limitations for all negligence claims in New York. Wrongful death claims have a two year statute of limitations. However, if your accident was caused by a municipal entity or governmental agency the time frame to pursue a claim may be reduced to as little as 90 days. Also, it’s not always clear who the defendant is in a case. So, to be safe it is always a good idea to consult with an experienced lawyer right away.
Set a Plan of Action Following An Accident
Most people never expect to be involved in a personal injury case. Whether it’s a car crash, slip and fall, work incident, dog attack or any other type of situation, it is never expected. Therefore, if you have been hurt, you’re probably at a loss as to how to proceed. We recommend that you don’t let insurance companies dictate what you should do next and instead take control of the situation. Coming up with a plan of action is the best thing you can do. Our suggestion is to do the following:
- Get your injuries checked out by a medical professional. Make sure that you mention where all of your pain is located. Sometimes less painful injuries intensify over time.
- Take photos and/or videos of the accident scene, property damage and your injuries. Make sure you document as much as you can because you never know what will become important later on.
- Get an accident report. Always call the police to the scene of an accident and get a report. We have found that people often change their story at a later date. It’s better to document the facts as soon as possible.
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance company of the responsible party. Their goal is never to help you. They are only interested in getting information that could help them deny your claim.
- Contact a qualified personal injury lawyer in Commack. Most attorneys offer a free consultation and can determine if you have a case.
Contact Our Experienced Commack Personal Injury Lawyers
We have been representing Commack injury victims for over two decades. Our Commack personal injury attorneys have represented thousands of clients in that time and have helped them recover millions of dollars. We have over two hundred five star reviews on websites that rate attorneys like Google, Avvo and Lawyers.com. We have even been voted Best Law Firm by Best of Long Island three years running.
We are fully familiar with the courts in this county and have forged valuable relationships with defense attorneys and adjusters. We are known as an aggressive law firm that fights for their clients. Feel free to give us a call to discuss your claim and as always, the initial consultation is free.