Medford Personal Injury Lawyer
Skilled Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Medford, NY
Accidents happen all the time. Some are harmless and others can have serious ramifications. If you are injured in an accident you may be dealing with several issues including medical bills, lost income and a long painful recovery. If your accident was the result of another person’s negligence our Medford personal injury law firm may be able to assist you. We have helped thousands of residents get their life back on track and get compensated for all that they have lost.
Our Medford personal injury lawyers handle a wide variety of injury claims including, auto collisions, slip and falls, work injuries, construction accidents and many others. If you’ve been injured and live in the Medford area, give us a call for a free initial consultation to see how we can help you recoup all that you’ve lost and get back on a path to financial, emotional and physical recovery.
We Fight The Insurance Companies For You
If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident, there is likely an insurance company responsible for compensating you. The problem is that these multi-billion dollar insurance companies don’t like paying claims and can be bullies. They start from the moment they find out about your accident. They will call you repeatedly, send letters and even hire investigators to follow you. This is all done in an attempt to preserve their money because once your injured as a result of their insured’s negligence you become a liability to them. The best way to protect their assets is to obtain information that they can use against you should you pursue a claim.
That’s where we can help. If hired, our Medford personal injury attorneys will immediately reach out to all insurance companies involved in your claim and have them stop trying to communicate with you. We will handle all communications with the insurance carriers and complete any necessary forms on your behalf. Further, we will handle all negotiations with them for you. This way we can take the stress of dealing with the claims process off of your plate so you can concentrate on your recovery.
Damages That You Can Recover In A Personal Injury Claim
- Past medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Past lost income
- Future lost income
- Past out of pocket expenses
- Future out of pocket expenses
- Past pain and suffering
- Future pain and suffering
- Past mental anguish
- Future mental anguish
- Past loss of enjoyment of life
- Future loss of enjoyment of life
Will My Case Go To Trial?
The vast majority of cases that our Medford personal injury lawyers handle are able to be resolved without the need for a trial. We are often able to gather evidence to support your claim and persuade the insurance company for the responsible party that a settlement is in their best interests. Many time this is done without even the need for court intervention.
However, not all claims can be settled out of court and there are times when the case needs to be brought to court and a law suit filed on your behalf. Often during the discovery process a case will be settled. But, in rare circumstances where a settlement cannot be reached, a trial may be necessary.
Even though a trial is rarely held in personal injury cases, our Medford personal injury lawyers prepare every case as if it is going to be tried. From the moment we are hired until the resolution of your claim we are building a strong foundation of evidence so that when it comes time to discuss settlement, we are in a strong bargaining position and if the insurance company refuses to be reasonable, we will be ready to try the case in court and fight for the compensation that you are entitled to receive.
Should I Give A Statement To The Other Person’s Insurance Company?
Often an insurance company investigator will call and ask for a statement claiming that they are conducting a fair investigation to see if you are entitled to receive compensation. It is never a good idea to give a statement. The investigation that the insurance company is conducting is anything but fair. They are simply trying to gather information that will aid them in disputing your claim whether right or wrong. Also, it’s important to understand that you are under no legal obligation to communicate with them. So, it’s best to refuse their request for a statement.
We have been representing members of the Medford community for over twenty years and in that time, we have had some amazing results for our clients including:
- 3.2 Million dollars for an individual that was struck by a truck
- 1.7 Million dollars for a construction worker injured on the job
- 1.5 million dollars for a young woman that suffered a brain injury in a car accident
Feel free to give our Medford personal injury a law firm a call for a free case review. We can give you our professional opinion on your case, explain the law, your legal rights and what you may be entitled to receive. We can also outline our process for handling a claim. We’re always available to meet in any of our offices or we can even come to you, if you cannot get into one of our locations.
Services We Provide
Once hired, our Medford personal injury attorneys will provide the following services:
- We will conduct a full investigation into the circumstances of your incident gathering all photographs, videos, witness statements, insurance information and medical records
- We will handle all communications with the opposing party’s insurance carrier including completing all claim forms and applications
- We will handle all negotiations with the proper insurance carriers on your behalf
- We will draft all legal documents and appear in all court proceedings with respect to your accident claim
- We will work towards a resolution of your case whether by trial, mediation or settlement. We will also draft all settlement documents and will gather all settlement funds to be distributed to you.
Deadlines To Keep In Mind
Depending on the type of accident and with whom your claim is against there are different deadlines to keep in mind. Some of the more important deadlines that come up often are as follows:
- If you were injured in a car accident you will need to file a no fault application within 30 days of the date of your accident or you may get stuck paying the medical bills. We can help file that application for you
- If you were injured by a municipal defendant or government agency, you will have to file a notice of claim within 90 days of your accident and start a lawsuit within One year and 90n days of your accident
- If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence whether a car accident, slip and fall or some other type of incident, you likely have three years to file a lawsuit
- If you are pursuing a case for a relative that has passed away due to someone else’s negligence you likely have two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit
There are many exceptions to the Statutes that govern the time frames to file a lawsuit. So, it’s always best to contact one of our experienced Medford personal injury attorneys as soon as possible to see which deadlines apply to your case.
Our Medford Personal Injury Law Firm Works Hard For You
We always work on all injury claims on a contingency basis. That means that we never charge a fee unless we win your case. Further, we offer all potential personal injury clients a free no obligation initial consultation at any of our six locations including, Patchogue, Hauppauge, Riverhead, Huntington, Babylon or Garden City. We can even come to you in Medford if you are unable to make it into one of our locations.