Huntington No-Fault Accident Lawyers
Experienced No-Fault Accident Attorney Serving Huntington, NY
If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a motor vehicle as an operator, passenger, pedestrian or bicyclist and are facing mounting medical bills, lost wages and other out of pocket expenses, you will want to make a claim for no-fault benefits so that you don’t get stuck with those bills. New York is a no-fault state. That means that you are entitled to have all those expenses covered by insurance. However, there are some specific steps that must be taken in order to receive those benefits and those steps must be taken right after your accident or you could be stuck having to come out of pocket for those costs. Palermo Law has experienced Huntington No-Fault Accident Lawyers that can help you take all the necessary steps to ensure that those expenses are covered. Further, in certain instances we can even get you compensated for your injuries. There is no upfront cost to hire us and we only get paid if we win your case.
Types Of Situations That Are Covered By No-Fault Insurance:
- Operators and passengers of motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrians struck by motor vehicles
- Bicyclists struck by motor vehicles
- Bus passengers in an accident
What Does No-Fault Cover:
- All medical treatment related to your accident
- Lost wages related to your accident
- Household help while you recover from your injuries
- Mileage to and from doctor’s appointments
- Certain other out of pocket expenses
All policies cover at least the first fifty thousand dollars of expenses related to the incident. Some policies provide even more coverage. In cases with severe injuries, medical bills and lost wages those expenses will likely exceed $50,000. Therefore, it is advisable to always purchase additional benefits from your car insurance carrier.
The time frame to file a no-fault application is very short. In order to be eligible to receive benefits you must file an application within thirty days. Further, you must file that application with the proper insurance carrier. It isn’t always easy to ascertain the proper insurance company to file your claim with. The type of accident you have will determine which company you should file your claim with:
- If you are an operator or passenger in a car accident, you will have to file the no-fault application with the company that insures the vehicle that you were occupying at the time of the accident regardless of who caused the accident.
- If you were a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle, the vehicle that struck you is responsible for paying your benefits no matter who was liable for the accident.
- If you were on a bicycle or a scooter, the vehicle that struck you will be responsible for paying your benefits no matter who was responsible for the accident
- Bus passengers should file an application with their household car insurance company
- Motorcyclists are generally not eligible for no-fault benefits.
There may be situations where it would be wise to file no-fault applications with multiple insurance companies. For example, you are a passenger in someone else’s vehicle and their no-fault insurance has a cap of fifty thousand dollars but your household car insurance policy has a cap of one hundred thousand dollars. In that situation, the vehicle that you are in at the time of the accident would be the primary insurance carrier and yours would be considered secondary and would kick in if the primary policy of fifty thousand dollars was exhausted. It only takes a few minutes to file a second application and could be time well spent in situations with serious injuries.
When should I hire A lawyer for my Huntington no-fault accident?
Not everyone involved in a motor vehicle accident will need to hire a lawyer. It is possible for a person to complete and file a no-fault application with the proper insurance carrier by doing a little research. But, be careful. The insurance companies are good at creating red tape often making it frustrating to get the benefits that you are entitled to receive. That’s why we always recommend consulting with a lawyer for a free consultation to get advice on how to proceed. Most Huntington no-fault lawyers will not charge a fee for completing and filing your application.
Contact Our Huntington No-Fault Accident Lawyers For Compensation
In cases where you have suffered a serious injury caused by another motor vehicle driver, you may be entitled to receive money for your bodily injuries, pain and suffering and out of pocket expenses not covered by no-fault insurance. The best way to determine if you are eligible for compensation is to speak to an experienced injury lawyer.
Palermo Law has been handling Huntington no-fault insurance claims for over twenty five years. We have the skill and knowledge to cut through all that insurance company red tape and get your benefits paid. Often, we can even get you compensation for your bodily injuries. We always offer a free initial consultation at any of our seven locations throughout Long Island including our Huntington location at 100 East Carver Street in Huntington Village. We can even come to you, if you are unable to make it into one of our locations. Finally, we offer weekend and evening appointments, as well. Contact us today.