Huntington Workers’ Comp Lawyers
Skilled Workers Compensation Lawyer in Huntington, NY
If you were injured during the course of your employment, you are likely entitled to workers compensation benefits. Those benefits provide both medical coverage and a portion of your lost wages. However, in cases of serious injuries, those benefits may fall woefully short of compensating you for your losses. Unfortunately, in certain work related accidents that is all the benefits that you may be eligible to receive. However, in many other types of work related accidents you could be entitled to much more compensation. Reach out our team of experienced Huntington Workers Comp Lawyers at Palermo Law today so you can understand your options.
For example, if someone other than your employer or co-worker is responsible for your injury, you may be able to make a claim for your bodily injuries, pain and suffering and out of pocket expenses not covered by workers compensation against the responsible party. This is often referred to as a third party claim. The problem most injured workers face is determining whether they can pursue a third party claim. And the truth is that it isn’t always a simple analysis to determine if a third party is responsible for your injuries. That’s why it is always a good idea to speak to a qualified lawyer to determine if you have the type of claim that entitles you to compensation above and beyond what your workers compensation insurance covers.
Types Of Cases You Can Pursue Additional Compensation Beyond What Workers Compensation Covers
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: If you drive for a living and are in the course of your employment when you are injured in a motor vehicle accident that is not your fault you can pursue a claim for your bodily injuries, pain and suffering and out of pocket expenses from the responsible party.
- Premises Liability Cases: If you deliver goods for a living and trip and fall due to a defective condition at the location you are delivering to you can make a claim against the premises owner. Another example of a premises liability case is when your employer rents the office where you work and you trip and fall due to a dangerous condition. You can make a claim against the premises owner in that situation, as well.
- Construction accidents: If you are injured while working on a construction site you can make a claim against the owner or general contractor of the site.
- Dangerous products: If you are injured while working due to a defective piece of equipment, you can make a claim against the manufacturer of that equipment.
This is not an exhaustive list and there are many other situations in which you may be eligible for compensation from another party other than your employer. That’s why it is always a good idea to speak to a qualified Huntington workers compensation lawyer.
Types of Injuries That You Can Recover Compensation For
Our lawyers have experience recovering compensation for a wide variety of injuries. We see all types of injuries, but some are more common than others. For example, we handle a significant amount of back and neck injuries, fractures, torn ligaments and cartilage, emotional trauma and much more. We have extensive experience evaluating all types of injuries to determine the fair settlement value for those injuries.
How Do Our Huntington Work Accident Lawyers Handle Injury Cases
At Palermo Law, we have been handling work injuries for over two decades and have successfully resolved hundreds of cases. As a result, we have developed a streamlined method of handling these cases that often results in quick resolution of your claim for maximum value. The steps of our process are as follows:
- Investigation: It all starts with a thorough investigation into the facts of your case. This includes gathering witness statements, photo, videos, medical records and all applicable insurance policies for the responsible party.
- Presenting a Claim: Once our investigation is complete, we will present your claim to the responsible insurance carriers for their evaluation.
- Negotiations: Once the carriers have had a reasonable amount of time to evaluate your case, we will negotiate in an attempt to obtain the most money possible for you for your injuries.
- Settlement: If an amount can be agreed upon for settlement of the situation, we will draft the necessary paperwork and secure payment of your claim for you.
- Trial: In rare instance when a settlement can not be agreed upon, we will litigate your case in court in an attempt to recover the maximum amount of money that you are entitled to receive.
Contact Our Huntington Workers Comp Lawyers Today
As experienced Huntington workers compensation lawyers, we work diligently to resolve your claim as soon as possible. But ultimately every case is different and the amount of time it takes to resolve each case may vary. For example, in situations where the injuries are not severe and the parties are in agreement on the value of the case, it may be resolved in just a few short months. In other cases where issues are more complicated, a case may take years to be resolved. The best way to get an idea on how long your specific situation will take to be resolved is to speak to a qualified Huntington workers comp lawyers.
Palermo Law always offers a free consultation to review the facts of your work injury. We have seven locations throughout Long Island, including an office in Huntington located at 100 East Carver Street. We can even come to you, if you cannot make it into one of our locations. Contact us today to request your free consultation.