What Types of Cases Does Your Long Island Personal Injury Firm Handle?
We are a highly focused Long Island injury law firm. We only represent people that have suffered serious injuries as a result of another party’s negligence. Our most common types of cases are car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, trip and falls, work accidents and construction accidents. For a full list of the types of cases we handle please visit our Practice Area Page.
- Car collisions: Although car collisions can happen in a number of ways, some of the most common types of car crash cases are rear end cases, left turn cases, and side swipe cases. We are experienced in handling all types of car crash claims. After two decades of working as a lawyer, I don’t think there is a scenario that I haven’t seen yet. My law firm is very knowledgeable in all aspects of car crash litigation. We handle everything for you including no-fault issues and property damage claims.
- Truck collisions: We handle a significant amount of claims where in our clients have been injured by a commercial vehicle such as a box truck or an 18-wheeler. These cases often involve serious injuries due to the weight of the truck. Also, commercial drivers are required to follow specific rules of the road on top of the general requirements of the Vehicle and Traffic Law. It’s important that your lawyer be well versed in the obligations of commercial drivers.
- Motorcycle collisions: Motorcyclist are at particular risk on the roads of Long Island. We have some of the most heavily congested roads in all of New York State. On top of that, many car operators pay little or no attention to motorcyclists. This often leads to serious injury for the motorcyclist. To complicate matters, New York State No-Fault does not apply to motorcyclists. Therefore, if you are seriously injured in a Long Island motorcycle crash, you need to hire an experienced lawyer to ensure your medical bills are paid and your rights are protected.
- Slip and Fall incidents: There are often hazardous materials that cause people to slip and fall such as snow, ice and spilled liquids. Often there is a party responsible for the safety of a premises containing a dangerous condition such as a property owner or a business owner. As experienced attorneys, we know what is necessary to prove your case and hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries.
- Trip and Fall Accidents: Similar to slip and falls, a trip and fall can happen as a result of a variety of dangerous conditions such as a broken step or sidewalk. Also similar to slip and falls there is usually a party responsible for the premises where the tripping hazard exists. We are experienced lawyers located in Long Island and know what needs to be done to hold the responsible party accountable.
- Work Related Injuries: If you are injured while working your employer’s workers compensation insurance will pay for your medical bills and lost wages. But what if a third party is responsible for your incident? For example, if you drive for a living and are injured by another motorist, or you work in a factory and are injured by a dangerous machine. In instances such as these you can pursue a claim directly against the responsible party for any medical bills and lost wages not covered by workers compensation as well as money for your pain and suffering. It is important to always speak to an experienced Long Island personal injury lawyer following a work related accident to look into the possibility of a third party claim.
- Construction Accidents: Construction workers are subject to serious injury because of the inherent risks in the work that they do. For example, falling from a height, being struck by falling objects, machine malfunctions and tripping hazards. In New York State there are specific laws that protect construction workers known as the Labor Law. These laws often require Owners and General Contractors to take significant steps to protect their workers and failing to do so makes them liable for your injuries. If you are injured in a construction accident you need to speak to an experienced attorney to learn your rights and see if you have a valid case.